From chic maternity dresses and jeans, to tops and bottoms to flatter your bump - we roundup the most stylish places to go maternity shopping
1. Ripe maternity at Mothercare (above)
1. Australian brand, Ripe Maternity, has just launched in the UK, making it all the easier for Brit mums-to-be to get their hands on it's cool collection of maternity clothes. Highlights include the wide selection of beautifully designed, colourful dresses, for office, day and party wear.
Ripe Maternity (picture above) available at Mothercare
2. ASOS maternity (above)
2. Why change where you shop, just because you are pregnant? ASOS offers a brilliant range of maternity fashion for it's discerning, fashion-loving customers. Shop for everything from comfortable, cool loungewear to 'of the moment' trendy pieces, with added 'bump' room.
ASOS Maternity (picture above) available at ASOS
3. Envie de Fraise (above)
3. Ooo la la! Maternity brand Envie de Fraise is one of our favourite French exports (after cheese and wine, of course), since it offers a whole load of chic and fashion-forward items, from dresses and tops to pyjamas, swimwear and underwear.
Available at Envie de Fraise (picture above)
4. Vertbaudet (above)
4. Looking for maternity wardrobe basics for an affordable price? Vertbaudet, another French brand, has a great offering of classic pieces, alongside a few trend led items. We love the new denim collecion, online now.
Available at Vertbaudet (picture above)
5. Noppies (above)
5. Noppies has been designing maternity clothing for over 20 years, so they know what they are doing when it comes to a well-designed dress or pair of trousers. Expect cool, Dutch design and funky patterns, as well as plainer pieces.
Available at Noppies (picture above)
6. Esprit (above)
6. All maternity wear tops at Esprit are designed long in the body, so that you won't be exposing any bits - unless you intend to, of course! Expect elasticated holes and buttons on waistbands, cool breastfeeding tops and a fantastic selection of pop colours as well as natural tones.
Esprit Maternity available at Esprit (picture above)
7. New Look (above)
7. Like a few other high street stores offering a maternity range, it's great to be able to shop at New Look while pregnant, since many of the popular styles are also available in 'mum-to-be' designs. The maternity denim range at New Look is top notch, and the brilliant price tag means you don't have to be too selective - from trend led pieces to wardrobe basics, try it all!
New Look maternity available at New Look (picture above)
8. Mama Licious (above)
8. We first became aware of Mama Licious when it was stocked as a concession in other stores, but it's website is well worth a visit to shop the full maternity and nursing collections. The cool Danish styling makes the clothing all the more appealing, with mostly nude, natural and chalky colours, with pops of colour here and there.
Available at MamaLicious (picture above)
9. Tiffany Rose (above)
9. Tiffany Rose maternity wear was a Junior Design Awards 2015 winner, for good reason. The quality of the dresses, for both day and evening wear, is second to none. The weight of the fabrics gives an elegant silhouette and is always flattering on a pregnant, or nursing, shape. The collection is often endorsed by celebrities, who favour the eye-catching elegant gowns for red carpet events.
Available at Tiffany Rose (picture above)
10. Isabella Oliver (above)
10. Designed by a London-based group of women, including plenty of mums, Isabella Oliver offers clothes which aim to make you feel like you, through pregnancy and beyond... Meaning, lots of them are designed to fit you both during and, be suitable for, post birth. Subtle ruching and wrapping detailing is very flattering and the basic silhouettes means mixing and matching into your wardrobe is easy. You'll wear these pieces time and time again.
Available at Isabella Oliver (picture above)
11. Marks & Spencer (above)
11. After a fantastic revamp of the kids and baby collections over the past couple of years, Marks & Spencer has ramped up the style and offering of it's maternity wear, available in selected stores and online. So, you can pick up some really cool print pieces, to match with the more basic, plainer bits. Don't miss the M&S Baby collection, too - full of 'must-have' babywear.
Marks & Spencer maternity available at Marks & Spencer
12. H&M (above)
12. Another high street gem, H&M is such brilliant value for quality maternity fashion pieces. From print and pattern dresses to dungarees and nursing tops and bras, the main reason we love H&M is the maternity jeans. There isn't a new mum or mum-to-be who hasn't recommended them for the great, and comfortable, fit.
H&M MAMA range available at H&M
14. Just Polly (above)
14. One of the newest kids on the maternity fashion block, Just Polly is a fabulous find, especially for mums-to-be who love shopping at places like COS and Zara. The simple styling and cool silhouettes reveal it's fashionable roots: since the brand was founded by stylist and art director, Polly Hayward. Pieces are created to be worn during and post pregnancy.
Available at Just Polly (picture above)
14. A Pea in the Pod maternity (above)
14. A maternity clothing institution in the USA, A Pea in the Pod opened a pop up shop in Harrods in summer 2015, which has thankfully now become a permanent fixture. A Pea in the Pod is a mixture of own brand and designer clothing for mums-to-be, including an unrivalled denim selection by: 7 For All Mankind®, JOE’S® Jeans, J Brand® Jeans, PAIGE Denim, and Citizens of Humanity.
The concession also features the Rachel Zoe Collection for A Pea in the Pod, BCBG, Splendid, Ella Moss, Vince, Theory, and JOIE, as well as some of the best of British maternity design, with exclusive products from Séraphine, Isabella Oliver, and Madderson London. The 806 square foot space is located next to childrenswear, so it really is a one stop chosp for all your family's fashion needs...
A Pea in the Pod is available at Harrods, in store (picture above)
15. Blooming Marvellous at Mothercare (above)
15. Stalwart of the parenting high street, Mothercare has really upped it's game in terms of style, over the past year or so. Alongside new clothing ranges for babies, including Acorns newborn and a babywear collection by fashion designer Julien Macdonald, its in-house maternity collection, Blooming Marvellous, has expanded to include lots more trend led pieces. So, as well as brilliant quality nursing, maternity and swimwear basics for mums-to-be and new mums, you can pick up print trousers, ruched tops and plenty more.
Blooming Marvellous available at Mothercare (picture above)
16. Séraphine (above)
16. Séraphine has been making waves in celebrity and fashionable maternity circles for years, but it was catapulted into everyday conversation once the Duchess of Cambridge was spotted wearing many a wrap dress from its collections. As well as very flattering wrap dresses, Séraphine can offer a whole wardrobe full of gorgeous maternity fashion goodies, including cover ups, evening dresses, jeans and lingerie, as well as the basics, and even a beautiful selection of maternity bridal dresses.
Available at Seraphine (picture above)
17. Topshop maternity (above)
17. From essential maternity wardrobe basics (jeans, dresses and lingerie) to cool and quirky pieces (dungarees, print swimwear and smocks), Topshop-shoppers will be delighted with the range available for mums-to-be.
Available at Topshop (picture above)
18. JoJo Maman Bebe (above)
18. With 70 stores on UK high streets, a JoJo Maman Bebe is likely nearby. The brand has grown from it's beginnings of wanting to offer a French nautical style of clothing for children, into a lifestyle store with an offering of functional, comfortable and attractive maternity clothing for mums-to-be. Surely this must be on of the best places to find a Breton striped maternity top or dress, too?
Available at JoJo Maman Bebe (picture above)
19. Purpless maternity (above)
19. Ignore the rather brash styling, Purpless Maternity clothing offers simple, yet flattering, designs of maternity and nursing dresses, tops and trousers at absolutely bargain prices. They do a brilliant range of colours and prices start from around £10.
Available at Purpless Maternity (picture above)
20. Rock-a-bye-Rosie (above)
20. Special occasion while pregnant and in need of a dress? Try the elegant styles at Rock-a-bye-Rosie, a brand offering special occasion maternity wear, inspired by catwalk trends. The designs are something a little different from the usual wrap dress, something that will come as a refreshing change for pregnant fashionistas.
Available at Rock-a-bye-Rosie (picture above)
21. Heavenly Bump (above)
21. Created by ex-high street maternity clothing buyer, Amy- Kate Crane, and designer, Kirsty van Deurs Goss, Heavenly Bump is a comfortable, affordable and trend centric collection of maternity fashion, sold online. You'll find lots of pieces in jersey fabric, print tops and comfy basics - as well as plenty of fun colourways.
Available at Heavenly Bump (picture above)
22. GAP online (above)
22. Unusually for a large high street store, GAP only sells its fantastic maternity collection online. It really is worth finding out your size, though, by first ordering a few pieces, as the comfy chic styling of the mainline carries on here and there are some stellar pieces to be found. We love the longline tops, the soft jersey dresses, and, doing what GAP does best, the selection of maternity denim.
GAP Maternity available at GAP (picture above)
23. Next (above)
23. There are many reasons not to write off Next as a one stop shop for work clothes - and it's superb collection of maternity fashion is just one of them. Another is the brilliant babywear department, which is a definite must-see for it's cool babygrows alone!
Maternity wear at Next features an array of over and under-the-bump jeans, to evening dresses, gorgeous daywear and wardrobe basics at great prices.
Next Maternity available at Next (picture above)
24. J Brand maternity jeans (above)
24. Quiz any pregnant celebrity or fashion editor on which brand of maternity jeans she is wearing, and she is very likely to reply 'J Brand'. A Californian rand of supreme quality jeans, the maternity selection is renowned for it's form-fitting, yet comfortable, fit, which justifies the price tag. A must-have maternity wardrobe item if ever we saw one.
J Brand maternity jeans available at Selfridges
25. Debenhams (above)
25. Online at Debenhams, the maternity clothing is handily divided into sections such as 'workwear', 'occasionwear', 'lingerie' and 'jeans', so shopping is almost too easy... Brands on sale here include Red Herring, Dorothy Perkins and Spanx, as well as Debenhams own brand.
Available at Debenhams (picture above)
26. Nine in the mirror (above)
26. An intriguingly modern concept, Nine in the Mirror is an edit of designer clothing which can be worn by, and is suited to, expectant mothers. So, not necessarily 'maternity' wear as such, more so a collection of clothing, divided by what will suit your baby bump and your changing figure during each trimester. Expect to see designers including Emilia Wickstead, Alexander Wang, 3.1 Phillip Lim and Lanvin. There is also an extremely cute edit of gifts for children and babies.
Available at Nine in the Mirror (picture above)
27. Hatch Maternity (above)
27. Hatch Maternity is actually still based in America, but it does ship to 200 countries including the UK: so I had to include, because this is one of my favourites... The styling of the website alone makes you want to shop, shop, shop! Beautiful nude colours, greys, black and chalky tones are interspersed with delicate and pretty prints over jumpsuits, dresses, tunics and more. There is also a wonderful selection of cashmere pieces, which are already on our Christmas/birthday/wish lists.
Available at Hatch Maternity (picture above)
28. Madderson Maternity (above)
28. If you are looking for contemporary British designed maternity fashion pieces, then check out Madderson for its maternity collection. Clients of note include the Duchess of Cambridge and Katherine Jenkins. The range is mainly striking print dresses, blouson style tops and a few pieces of eye-catching outerwear.
Madderson Maternity available at Madderson London (picture above)
29. Queen Mum at Lulibelle (above)
29. Arise, Queen Mum! this is the latest brand to join online maternity clothing store, Lulibelle. Queen Mum is a Dutch brand which combines comfort with trend led styling. There are a few cool patterned pieces (including the Jungle dress), but we love the plain pieces, like this flattering red dress.
Queen Mum available at Lulibelle (picture above)
30. Clary and Peg (above)
30. If you are looking for maternity wear with a retro feel, Clary and Peg offers a range of clothing suitable for wearing while pregnant, with a vintage twist. The clothing is representative of fashion through the ages with a capsule collection comprising of 50s smocks, 60s and 70s short dresses, 70s maxi dresses and classic 80s dungarees and jumpsuits, all in rich colours and vintage-style fabrics, with plenty of attention to detailing.
Available at Clary and Peg (picture above)
Read more fashion news on Junior...
- 9 of the most fashionable mums on Instagram We quiz the coolest mums, and mums-to-be, for top tips on their inspiring Insta-style
- Julien Macdonald unveils childrenswear collection news at London Fashion Week Supermodels were upstaged by mini models, as kids took to the fashion designer's catwalk
- Maternity style: An expert's top tips on how to dress a baby bump Eve Thomas, Fashion Director at THE OUTNET.COM, gives us her top tips for dressing a pregnant figure
- Are you ready for the nursery-run? Designer Olivia Rubin shares her top 5 fashion picks Our monthly fashion columnist rounds up her favourite pieces to make the journey to starting nursery school a stylish one, for mum and child
Pregnant Celebrity, Stylish Celebrities & Maternity Fashion 2017 Irish promise ring how to wear
Stylish Maternity Clothes Designer Fashions at A Pea in the Pod
PinkBlush Maternity: Maternity Clothes For The Modern Mother
Maternity Clothing - Women's Pregancy & Maternity Wear
Maternity Dresses & Maternity Evening Wear by Tiffany Rose
30 of the best places to buy maternity clothes in the UK
Maternity Wear - Shop the latest trends online H&M GB
Trendy Maternity Clothes at GapMaternity Gap UK
Maternity Clothes Maternity Wear New Look
Maternity Clothes Online.UK
10 Modern Interior Design Trends
80 Elegant Work Outfit Ideas in 2017 - Pouted Online