Method 1 Picking Your Skinny Jeans
1topsChoose your color. Bright jeans and loud patterns will bring more attention to how to wear high tops and skinny jeans your legs and outfit, so you should wear those if you want a more fun look. But if you want the skinny jeans to actually make you look skinnier, then pick a darker solid color.
- Stitching and large pockets across the seat of the jeans can also make your butt look smaller.
- If you want to dress up your skinny jeans or wear them to work, choose a black or dark denim color.
2Pick jeans that aren't too loose or too tight. Jeans are made of denim, which is not as flexible as other materials. If you want your jeans to stretch a bit, you should choose a pair that is a denim and spandex blend. The spandex in the jeans will allow you to bend and move more easily and may make wearing the jeans more comfortable.
- Make sure your jeans are loose enough for you to move around and bend down comfortably, but not so loose that they bunch at your thighs and hips. They are supposed to be reasonably tight.
3Choose between high rise, low rise, or regular jeans. Jeans can button anywhere from up near your bellybutton to as low as below your hipbones. Try on different styles to figure out which style is the most comfortable and flattering. If you have a thicker waist, don't pick jeans that button too tightly in the middle of your waist or you will be a victim of the muffin top.
- Make sure you try out a range of motions, including sitting and squatting, in your jeans.
Method 2 Wearing Jeans that Flatter Your Figure
1Accentuate your hourglass figure. If you have an hourglass figure, your waist is smaller than your bust and hips, which are about the same measurement around. You should wear skinny jeans to draw attention to your small waist and, as for your legs, balance out your full hips. Here is what you should wear with your skinny jeans:
- A belt that cinches a shirt at the waist.
- A fitted blazer or jacket.
- Boots that hit midway up your calves or higher.
2Balance your triangle shape. The triangle, or pear shape, means that your shoulders and bust are much narrower than your hips. Skinny jeans will make your large hips look even bigger, so you should wear the right tops and accessories to draw attention away from your hips. Here are some options to try:
- A longer, patterned shirt that covers the widest part of your hips/backside.
- Boots that hit midway up your calves or higher.
- A shrug that ends just above your waist or a big scarf.
3Take advantage of your inverted shape. Naturally, the inverted triangle shape is the triangle turned upside-down. Your shoulders and bust are wider than your waist and hips. Since your hips are narrower than the rest of your upper body, you can wear your skinny jeans without covering your thighs. Here's what you should wear with your skinny jeans to flatter your shape:
- A boxy or draped shirt that hits the waistband (or just above the waistband) of your jeans.
- A cute jacket or sweater that hits your waistband.
- Ballet flats or other flat shoes. Boots are fine, but you don’t need to rely on them to balance out wide hips.
4Embrace your rectangular shape. Someone with a rectangle shaped body has an undefined waist. This shape is sometimes called a “tube” shape or “athletic” shape because this body type is not particularly curvy. You can work on creating a waist, and you don’t have to worry about camouflaging your hips. Try wearing the following:
- A shrug or scarf that will make it look like you have a fuller bust.
- Empire waist shirt.
- Flat shoes. These will help make your hips and thighs look a bit fuller.
5Minimize your roundness. When your stomach is bigger around than your shoulders, bust, and hips, you have a circle-shaped body. If you have a circular shape, you will want to take the focus off of your stomach. Try wearing the following:
- A solid colored shirt without a defined waist that falls below your bottom.
- An open straight cardigan or jacket.
- Boots or heels that will make your legs look longer and leaner.
6Flatter your petite figure. If you're petite, you should use the skinny jeans to look taller. You can do this by creating a column of color by wearing a top that is a similar color to the jeans, so you are elongated.
- Don't be afraid to wear the skinny jeans with heels or a raised boot.
Method 3 Wearing Your Skinny Jeans for Play
1Wear the right top. If you're going for a more casual look with your skinny jeans, the possibilities are endless. Though people originally tended to wear skinny jeans with longer or more flowing tops, you can wear them with shorter and tighter tops as long as it flatters your figure. Here are some tops to try:
- Wear a longer, flouncier top. Let it hang below your hips or pair it with a thick belt.
- Wear a long button-down sweater that falls just above your knees. Pair it with a tight top and button it or unbutton it depending on the look you want.
- Wear a long-sleeved shirt or a t-shirt that falls just below your waist. Dress it up with a chunky necklace.
- Tuck a tight shirt into your jeans, and pair it with a cropped cardigan or jacket that falls above your belly button.
- Wear a t-shirt with a tight vest.
2Wear the right shoes. Skinny jeans can look good with almost any pair of shoes, as long as you coordinate your outfit. But there are some shoes that do look better with skinny jeans than other. Here are some shoes to try:
- Tall boots. Skinny jeans look great tucked into a pair of tall boots, whether the boots are tight or looser. If your jeans cut above your ankle, you can still wear them with shorter boots if you're feeling bold.
- Flats. Flats are perfect for any pair of skinny jeans. You can wear bright or patterned flats for a more fun look, or stick to darker solid colors for a more dressy look. Your flats can be pointy or can have a round toe.
- Sandals. Wear open-toed sandals and show off your toes while wearing skinny jeans.
- Heels. Skinny jeans will make your legs look slender and will elongate your body, so heels will make your body look even longer and more trim.
- Avoid shoes that are too big or chunky, or your feet will look bigger than they really are. If you wear thick sneakers, heavy boots, or flats that have an elaborate design near the front, your feet will look larger because the skinny jeans will naturally make your legs look thinner.
3Wear the right accessories. Skinny jeans are already fun, and you can play them up with almost any accessory. The right accessory can help tie your outfit together and can make your skinny jeans pop. Here are some things to try:
- Balance skinny jeans with a thicker scarf.
- Wear a long dangly necklace over a tight-fitting shirt.
- Wear long earrings to mirror the skinny jeans.
Method 4 Dressing Up Your Skinny Jeans for Work
1Wear the right top. To dress up your skinny jeans, you can wear a dressier top to tie the outfit together. Whether you're tucking in a tight shirt and complementing it with a blazer or wearing a looser silky shirt, you have to use your top to kick your jeans up a notch. Make sure to pair the top with darker jeans that are either black or dark denim, or it will be harder to dress them up. Here are some tops you can wear to dress up your skinny jeans:
- Tuck a tight white or beige tank top into your jeans and wear it with a dark blazer.
- Wear a longer top that falls below your hips, and pair it with a shorter jacket that falls above your waist or even ties at your waist.
- Tuck a long-sleeved white or black button-down shirt into your skinny jeans.
- Wear a tight-fitting top and pair it with a slightly longer cardigan.
- Wear a fitted jacket with more details and pair it with a contrasting top.
- Wear a looser, flouncier top with a skinny belt.
2Pick the right shoes. Even if you're wearing your jeans on a casual day, you still need some help from your shoes to dress them up. Your shoes should make a statement that ties your outfit together in a dressy, and not a casual way. Here are some shoes that you wear to dress up your jeans:
- A high heel can help dress up your look. Just keep the toes closed so your look remains professional. If you're already very tall, you can stick to a lower heel. Though people once thought only supermodels can rock skinny jeans with heels, anyone can pull it off with the right amount of confidence.
- Nice flats. Wear nice dark flats that make your skinny jeans look more fancy. Again, don't expose your toes.
- Nice dark boots. Skinny jeans look great tucked into a pair of dark boots that rise just below your knee, and if you can wear boots to work, use them to dress up your skinny jeans. Your boots can even have a little heel to make your look even dressier.
3Accessorize for work. You don't have to go overboard to accessorize for work. Just a few key items can help tie your more dressy skinny jeans look together. Here are some ideas for dressing up your skinny jeans:
- Wear gold or silver sparkly or dangly earrings.
- Wear a longer silver necklace with a tight top and blazer.
- Use a skinny belt with a gold clasp to tie together a looser shirt.
My husband is hitting me. Will he stop if I wear skinny jeans?
You need to get out of that relationship immediately. There is never an acceptable reason for domestic violence. It's not your fault and changing your jeans will not fix the problem, because the problem is your husband.Thanks!
Not Helpful 1 Helpful 13
I've got a parents evening coming up (I'm the student) and I don't know what to wear. My parents are looking formal, what should I wear?
Try out a black and white mini dress with some black heels and some cute earrings. Also wear some lip gloss for a pop of color and shimmer.Thanks!
Not Helpful 0 Helpful 1
Ask a Question
200 characters leftSubmit
If this question (or a similar one) is answered twice in this section, please click here to let us know.
- Shoes with heels will make your legs look longer.
- You can emphasize parts of your body by wearing bright colors and patterns and de-emphasize other parts by wearing dark or solid colors.
- If you have big calves, you can disguise them by tucking your jeans into knee-high boots.
- If you're short or have large hips and thighs, skinny jeans may make you look stout.
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
Awesome picture! Tell us more about it? Click here to share your story.
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 288,472 times.
A lightweight body lotion that hydrates and softens skin CF Real Talk: Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Bella Hadid Instagram : Page 1/10 : m
Boys' Jeans: Straight Leg, Skinny
Cute Games - Free online Games for Girls - m
Good night my love Pictures p. 1 of 23 m
Graffiti Alphabet Letters A-Z Graffiti Alphabet Org
Gucci Dresses - Shop for Gucci Dresses on Polyvore
Handmade wedding dress/ Свадебное платье Blue Flower
Model Street Style At Paris Fashion Week Fall Winter 2017 - Elite
Photos: Celebrities and Their Pet Dogs Shape Magazine
Places to Shop for Petites (Trendy)
Red Hair Male Characters images
Rings to Propose With, From 12 to 625,000 - The New York Times