Method 1 Choosing the Right Pair of Jeans
1Choose a worn pair of jeans. If you want to be true to the name "boyfriend jeans," then you want to wear a pair of jeans that look like they could have been borrowed from your boyfriend -- which means they probably weren't his newest, shiniest-looking pair. Whether they're frayed, faded, or have a few tears, the jeans should look a bit worn, even if you just bought them an hour ago.
- Don't go overboard with this. Your jeans can look slightly worn without appearing messy, really old, or just generally looking like they need to be donated or thrown out ASAP.
2Choose a pair of women's pants. Though the boyfriend jeans are meant to look a bit big and like they could have belonged to a man, they shouldn't actually be made to fit a man's body. If you buy a pair of men's pants, they'll be too baggy, too big around the waist, and they won't have the same flattering cut around the front and back.
- Make sure with to resist the temptation to actually wear a pair of men's pants and to invest in -- or borrow -- a pair of women's boyfriend jeans instead.
3Consider the cut of the jeans. Though boyfriend jeans are usually low-waisted, you can also buy a mid-to-high waisted version of these jeans. The kind of cut that is best for you depends on your body type. If you carry extra weight around your middle, then you should stick to mid- or high- waisted jeans to avoid getting a "muffin top" look. But if your figure is relatively straight and you're on the thin side, then low-waisted jeans can help give your body the appearance of more curves and definition.
- Though the pants are made to look a bit big and worn, that does not mean that they shouldn't fit you correctly. The right pair of boyfriend jeans should fit you around the waist, whether it's low-cut, mid-cut, or high-cut.
- The jeans should be loose around your legs, but not so baggy that your figure is lost in them.
4Consider the wash of the jeans. You can find boyfriend jeans in a variety of washes, from very light blue to very dark denim. Most often, a darker wash is dressier and a bit more formal than a lighter wash. Darker jeans are better for more formal events, and may suit older women a bit better as well.
- Darker jeans also call less attention to themselves and bring more attention to your upper body.
- But if you want to have fun with a light pair of jeans, more power to you.
5Choose a pair of high-quality jeans. You won't be able to spot a high-quality pair of boyfriend jeans just by their price tag. Unfortunately, a lot of trendy or more expensive brands can slap a high price tag on a pair of trendy jeans of inferior quality. So how do you spot a good pair of boyfriend jeans? Try these methods:
- Check out the strength of the stitching. The stitching on a good pair of jeans is done with sturdy and thick thread.
- Check out the texture of the fabric. High-quality denim is heavy and strong. Though you may love a pair of jeans with light fabric, chances are, the jeans are not made of high-quality material.
Consider cuffing the jeans. Some boyfriend jeans can be bought cuffed, or you can cuff your own jeans. You can cuff a pair of long jeans so they are the length of normal jeans, or you can cuff a pair of normal jeans so that they fall 3/4 down your calf, exposing your ankle and the area above it. The cuffed jeans make for a fun and exciting look.
7Consider a belt. Boyfriend jeans are popularly worn with a belt. Though they should fit you around the waist, a belt can help secure the jeans and can also help tie your look together. Though there's no one wrong or right type of belt to wear with the jeans, here are some things to keep in mind:
- Your belt should match your shoes. It doesn't have to be the same exact color of the shows, but it shouldn't clash with them, either. If you have brown shoes, for example, your belt should be in the spectrum of brown, not black.
- A brown belt is a go-to with this type of jeans. Opt for a thinner belt for a dressier look or wear a thicker belt for a more fun look.
- If your belly will be exposed, wearing a belt will draw more attention to your midriff.
Method 2 Pairing the Jeans with the Right Top
1Pair the jeans with a tank top. There are a variety of ways to wear tank tops with your boyfriend jeans and all of them will make you look great. Here are some options to try:
- Wear the jeans with a bright colored tight-fitting tank top.
- Wear the jeans with a simple black tank top that exposes just an inch of your belly.
- Wear the jeans with a flouncy tank top.
- Wear the jeans with a simple white tank top and a black cardigan.
- Wear the jeans with a knitted white belly shirt.
- Wear the jeans with a spaghetti strap tank top or a halter top.
2Pair the jeans with a dressy top. Your boyfriend jeans may give you a bit of a casual look, but you can dress up your outfit with a feminine dressy top that makes the pants look fancier. Here are some fantastic ideas:
- A polka-dotted sleeveless button down shirt will look great with a light pair of boyfriend jeans.
- Wear a long-sleeved almost-sheer button down shirt with a pair of light jeans.
- Wear a pair of dark jeans with a tight-fitting black turtleneck sweater.
3Pair the jeans with a casual top. There are plenty of ways to pair your boyfriend jeans with a casual top for a cute but everyday look. Here are a few tops to try with your new pair of boyfriend jeans:
- Wear a loose-fiting v-neck white t-shirt and tuck the front into your jeans. Let the sides of the shirt hang down.
- Wear the jeans with an everyday graphic tee.
- Wear the jeans with a striped v-neck t-shirt.
- Wear the jeans with a tight long-sleeved boat neck shirt.
4Pair the jeans with a sweater. Boyfriend jeans also look great with a variety of sweaters. Here are a few sweaters to try:
- Wear a purple knitted fitted sweater that hangs just below your waist with a pair of light jeans.
- Wear a pair of dark jeans with a tight-fitting black turtleneck sweater.
- For a warm and fun look, pair the jeans with a poncho.
5Pair the jeans with a jacket and t-shirt. There are a variety of ways to pair your boyfriend jeans with a cute jacket and a shirt underneath it. Here are a few styles to try:
- Pair your jeans with a simple gray t-shirt under a fitted black blazer.
- Pair your jeans with a tight-fitting gray t-shirt and a short and snug leather jacket.
- Pair your jeans with a long white t-shirt and a cropped dark blue jacket.
Method 3 Pairing the Jeans with the Right Shoes
1Wear your jeans with a pair of heels. Boyfriend jeans are most commonly paired with heels, because these shoes give the jeans a dressy, feminine, and fun look. You can wear plain black heels or pink shoes with a funky pattern like animal print for a more fun and carefree look. If you really want to show off your heels, then you should wear cuffed boyfriend jeans. Here are some great types of heels to wear with your latest pair of boyfriend jeans:
- Kitten heel
- Platform heel
- Peep-toe heel
- Chunky heels
- Ankle-strap heels
2Wear your jeans with boots. Boyfriend jeans can also go great with boots, especially in the colder months. You can wear them with more casual boots for an everyday look, or dress them up with fancier boots. Here are some types of boots to try with your boyfriend jeans:
- High-heeled boots
- Boots with funky patterns like zebra print
- Leather boots
- Cowboy boots
- Mid-calf boots
- Knee-high boots
- Lace-up boots
3Wear your jeans with flats. Your boyfriend jeans will also look great with the right pair of flats, whether they're open-toed or close-toed. Here are some great pairs of shoes to try with your boyfriend jeans:
- Mary Janes
- Ballet flats
4Wear your jeans with more casual shoes. For a more casual look, you can rock your boyfriend jeans with any everyday pair of sneakers, clogs, slippers, or any pair of comfy, casual shoes that looks good with boyfriend jeans. If you're going to wear sneakers, try to avoid wearing cropped pants, because this may draw too much attention to your feet and can make them look bigger than they actually are.
- For a fun look, pick a pair of sneakers that are a bright, eye-catching color like red or even neon green.
- Rock your boyfriend jeans with a pair of Toms of a contrasting color.
- Wear converse with your boyfriend jeans.
- Wear a comfy pair of clogs with your boyfriend jeans.
Ask a Question
200 characters leftSubmit
If this question (or a similar one) is answered twice in this section, please click here to let us know.
- Wear them because you like them, not because your boyfriend does.
- Wear them however YOU want (low, pulled up, belt, saggy/baggy, etc.)
- people may question you and think they look a little too.... guy-like, but ignore them. All that matters is you have a boyfriend and/or they're cute and comfy.
Sources and Citations
Upload a picture for other readers to see.
Awesome picture! Tell us more about it? Click here to share your story.
Thanks to all authors for creating a page that has been read 84,260 times.
Boyfriend Blazers - Shop for Boyfriend Blazers on Polyvore Lady gaga fashion style
The Boyfriend Jacket for Women - Long Boyfriend Blazer in
7 Truly Genius Ways To Wear Boyfriend Jeans WhoWhatWear
Linen Long Length Boyfriend Blazer Chadwicks of Boston
What to Wear with Blazer for All Different Occasions
Long Length Boyfriend Blazer Chadwicks of Boston
DG2 by Diane Gilman Ponte Boyfriend Blazer HSN
3 Ways to Wear Boyfriend Jeans - wikiHow
121 Best Nail Designs of 2017 - Latest Nail Art Trends
141 Free stylish fonts - FontSpace
Best Panties - Shop From Top Panties Brands Online