So this is the part where you ask me if I’m just repeating recipes on you.
And then I answer: ummm, lemme think.
Okay, no, not really, but I still have the taste of this pomegranate wild rice salad in my mouth and dreams of the bacon and brussels sprout salad from, like, years ago in my head, so it’s only natural that this would come along. Basically these two very lovable salads of my Pinch of Yum past met and had a salad-child called Chopped Brussels Sprout Salad with Everything Yummy In The World.
i.e. pomegranates (♥), almonds, bacon, Pecorino Romano cheese, and creamy honey shallot dressing with fresh orange and lemon juice. 99% sure I just drooled as I wrote that.
Coincidence that this is in time for Thanksgiving? Negative.
I know I already talked about how I am bringing the corn pudding this year like a good Midwestern wife, but I forgot to tell you that I’m also bringing the brussels sprout salad. Seriously, who am I? I’m in that sweet spot where I don’t have to host yet and I don’t have to make the turkey because my mom rocks it for all of us, and so Thanksgiving sides are my thing. And I love a good side at Thanksgiving.
In case you’re interested, this is how cool Brussels sprouts look when you shred/chop/shave/mandoline them into thin little perfect pieces and wash them in a big blue bowl of water. I almost can’t stand to think of eating them any other way.
This is not just me puffing out my feathers here, except only a little, but EVERYONE in my family likes this. Er, I know for-surely for-surely they’re going to like it because they all polished off the bacon and brussels sprout salad that I brought a few years ago to some holiday feast. It perfectly compliments whatever you’re having as a main dish including our holiday family favorite: chicken wild rice soup.
Hey btw. I did not intend for this post to be a link landmine when I first started writing, but, FOOD.
The win-win of this situation is that this is a salad made for holidays because it’s completely festive-ish, but it also makes for a great weeknight meal being that it comes together in a snap and packs a ton of nutrition. And/or just because it’s delicious and you want to.
4.9 from 13 reviews
Chopped Brussels Sprout Salad with Creamy Shallot Dressing
Author: Pinch of Yum
Serves: 6 as a side
- 30-40 brussels sprouts (makes about 4 cups shredded)
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 cup pomegranate arils
- ⅓ cup almonds
- ½ cup freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
For the dressing
- 1 shallot, chopped
- juice of one orange
- juice of one lemon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- ⅓ cup oil
- up to 2 tablespoons water
- Fry the bacon over low heat until crispy. Drain on paper towels; crumble and set aside.
- Shred or slice the brussels sprouts. I've found the absolute best way to do this is with a handy dandy mandoline - slice them super thin and then break the layers apart with your hands. Fluff it up a little and you'll get a delicate shredded texture.
- Prep the pomegranate seeds. Place the almonds in a food processor and pulse until finely chopped. Toss the brussels sprouts, bacon crumbles, pomegranate arils, almonds, and cheese together.
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a food processor and pulse until creamy. Add the water as needed for consistency. Toss the salad with the dressing and serve immediately.
A little thing about me: I ♡ FOOD. I also love food photography. I wrote an ebook that can help you learn your camera and I also teach food photography workshops in our Minneapolis studio.
Did you make a recipe? Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram or send me a snap. I WANNA SEE!
Berry Feta Spinach Salad with Creamy Strawberry Poppy Seed Home decor bathroom ideas
Kitchen Sink Chopped Salad with Creamy Balsamic Dressing
Shredded Tex-Mex Salad with Creamy Lime Dressing Recipe
Shrimp Pasta Salad With a Creamy Lemon Dressing Recipe
Broccoli Salad Recipe with Creamy Lemon Dressing
Corn Salad with Creamy Italian Dressing Recipe
Spinach Salad With Creamy Dressing Recipe - m
(500) Best iPhone Wallpapers HD 2017 (4K Retina Wallpaper)
15 республик СССР, их флаги и гербы - СССР и все что с ним
20 Style Tips On How To Wear A White T-Shirt In Winter m
9 Biggest Fall 2016 Trends - Complete Trend Guide for Pre-Fall 2016
Alex Jones wears skintight leather
Braids, braidstyles, braidsforgirls, коса из резинок, прически из кос
Caitlyn Jenner: 'There Was Always This Woman That Lived Inside Of
Coming Soon - Movie Listings for Athens, Ohio Southeastern Ohio
Eire Designs by Gavin Doherty